The updated CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020 helps designers quickly get from the original concept to output. The tool includes a collection of professional applications for vector illustration, layout and typography, and photo editing. The graphics software is compatible with macOS and Windows operating systems as well as a CorelDraw.app for the web.
The tool is from Corel Corp. in Ottawa, Canada.
The latest update includes artificial intelligence, performance enhancements, and access to cloud-based collaboration to accelerate the creation of complex projects and graphics.
“With the update, teams and clients can now access a centralized collaboration hub to get everyone on the same page in real-time; while designers can discover the power of machine learning to create striking results, faster than ever. Make no mistake — this isn’t AI for AI’s sake, “says John Falsetto, senior director of products, CorelDraw and Productivity. “We’ve leveraged artificial intelligence across the suite to make the biggest impact on your professional graphics workflow.
Designers using the app can work with their files almost anywhere. Subscribers can now use the app’s new collaboration features to simplify the entire review and approval process.
The AI-integrated tools expand design capabilities and accelerate workflows.
- Image upsampling and artifact removal: Enlarge images with AI-based upsampling options that create high-quality results with clean edges, sharpness, and fine details. Get more out of lossy JPEG images with machine learning techniques that remove JPEG compression artifacts and recover color details, eliminating the need for time-consuming manual editing.
- PowerTrace: The bitmap-to-vector trace included in the new AI-assisted image-optimization technology improves the quality of a bitmap as it’s being traced.
- Art Style effects: When working in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint, you can choose from a range of AI presets inspired by the techniques of different artists and genres to produce a stylized version of an image or object.
- Masks in Corel Photo-Paint: Quickly and accurately select an image with the new Smart Selection Mask, which intelligently expands the selection by finding edges. The Mask Transform tool now enables transformations to be applied to pixels within a mask.
Collaborative tools boost productivity by taking advantage of a collaboration workflow in CorelDraw.app. The workflow is available with a CorelDRAW Graphics Suite subscription, licensing with maintenance, or an additional CorelDraw.app Pro subscription for perpetual license customers. With it, users can:
- Easily share files for collaborative review and approval: This feature gives users a potential better way than they had been using to connect with colleagues and clients in real-time. The CorelDraw.app can now act as the central hub to share CorelDRAW (CDR) files with clients and contributors. The new workflow makes design changes, reviews, and approvals easy by enabling the designer to manage feedback from one or many contributors in a single working file.
- Comment and Annotate: This feature keeps everyone on the same page because they can view, respond to, and resolve feedback with new comments docker/inspector. The tool can save time and screen space by adding detailed comments and mark-up annotations, including note icons, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, as well as straight and free-form lines directly on the document.
- Sign In Easily: Collaborators can access shared design files and make suggestions and remarks in CorelDraw.app by signing in as a guest or with a Corel customer account in the web browser, on any device.
Creative tools and significant upgrades to text, including customizable multilevel lists, inspire users to broaden their design horizons and work more efficiently.
- Work with Variable fonts: Leverage the latest font technology with support for OpenType variable fonts that make it easy to manipulate text appearance and achieve a range of unique looks all from a single font. In many cases, this leads to smaller file sizes when creating files with multiple font styles.
- Inner Shadow tool: Apply inner shadows to design elements to give them 3D depth. The new inner shadow tool lets users simulate light falling on an object and then fine-tune the inner shadow.
- Bitmap effect lens: Apply bitmap effects as lenses in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint. Position bitmap effects with precision by moving or manipulating the lens and apply a feather effect to seamlessly blend vector and bitmap objects into an existing design.
- Non-destructive effects in Corel Photo-Paint: The new effects docker/inspector makes it easy to apply, modify, and experiment with effects, all without altering the source object. Get different looks by adding multiple effects, reordering them in the list, or toggling them on and off.
Availability and Pricing
CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020 for Windows and CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020 for Mac are available in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Japanese. Subscription is $249 U.S. dollars per year. Perpetual licenses are available at the suggested retail price of $499 USD.
CorelDraw.app collaboration features are available exclusively with a CorelDraw Graphics Suite subscription, licensing with maintenance, or an additional CorelDraw.app Pro subscription for perpetual license customers.