PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) unveiled CreoTM design software. Creo is being designed as a scalable suite of interoperable, open, and easy-to-use product design apps. The Creo vision and strategy, first introduced in June at the PTC/USER World Event as Project Lightning, recognizes that product development involves many different users with different needs at different points in the product lifecycle. Unlike solutions to date, Creo is designed to remedy lingering, unaddressed problems that have plagued CAD for decades.
Highlights of planned apps include:
- AnyRole AppsTM
- Will offer customers the right tool, for the right user at the right time, enabling everyone in the organization to participate in the product development process. The result: new ideas, creativity, and personal efficiency are unlocked.
- AnyMode ModelingTM
- Will provide the industry’s multi-paradigm design platform, enabling users to design in 2D, 3D direct, or 3D parametric. Data created in any mode will be fully accessible and reusable in any other mode, allowing each user to work with their own or another user’s data in their paradigm of choice. Additionally, Creo’s AnyMode Modeling will let users seamlessly switch between modes without losing intelligence or design intent, unlocking teamwork efficiency.
- AnyData AdoptionTM
- Will enable users to incorporate data from any CAD system and unlock multi-CAD design efficiency and value. Valuable information created throughout the product development process in the Creo product design apps will be able to be accessed and reused by others throughout the product development process. Further, Creo will enable reuse of data from legacy systems, reducing the typically high switching costs which drive technology lock-in.
- AnyBOM AssemblyTM
- Will give teams the power and scalability needed to create, validate and reuse information for highly configurable products. Using BOM-driven assemblies and a tight integration with PTC’s Windchill® PLM software, customers will be able to unlock and realize unprecedented levels of efficiency and value across teams and the extended enterprise.
PTC’s current design software product families and associated modules, extensions and packages are being rebranded in alignment with the functional capabilities provided by each product.
- Pro/ENGINEER® becomes Creo Elements/ProTM
- CoCreate® becomes Creo Elements/DirectTM
- ProductView® becomes Creo Elements/ViewTM
Data created in these applications will be fully upwards compatible with the Creo family of products. For more information please visit: http://www.ptc.com/products/creo/intro-to-creo-elements/
PTC expects Creo1.0 to be available during mid-year 2011. The timing of any product release, and any features or functionality thereof, are subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
To learn more about Creo, please visit http://creo.ptc.com.