KISTERS North America released version 2019 of its 3DViewStation product family. The new version features additions and enhancements that assist users in the area of repurposing their CAD data. For instance: V2019’s new technical documentation features include the splitting function, real-time wall thickness measurement, feature recognition and a user-friendly import dialog.
One challenging area in the reuse of CAD data lies in the creation of content for technical documentation purposes. Deliverables might be images, illustrations or interactive 3D geometry to be repurposed in printed manuals, online manuals or spare part catalogues.
“After reviewing our customer’s most important requirements for technical documentation processes, we created interactive and automatic BOM ID generation,” said Robert Collins, KISTERS North American Sales Manager.
“These BOM IDs will be reused to interactively and automatically generate balloon callouts in an exploded view of the assembly. In our new version, there are multiple new options to configure the arrangement of these balloons. For example: top and bottom, left and right, or in a rectangle. For further ease-of-use, we added the option to continuously recalculate the best possible layout, while rotating the 3D model.
“Another focus was to increase the value of 3DViewStation for our mold/die and casting customers. The splitting function complements our existing draft angle analysis tool,” he added. “Now you can easily determine the complexity of a tool, what will be required to produce a part and extract the face for the mold. Toolmakers will fine the feature recognition functions, such as the drill hole recognition tool, useful. Less experienced CAD users will have the new, easy-to-use import dialog. And all users will experience 3DViewStation rendering significantly faster once more.”
3DViewStation ships with current and mature importers for a range of 3D and 2D formats including Catia, NX, Creo, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor, JT, 3D-PDF, STEP, DWG, DXF, DWF, MS Office and more.
V2019 Upgrades Include:
– New and updated file formats:
– Import 3D: Inventor 2019, SolidWorks 2019, Solid Edge 2019, Parasolid V31, Revit 2019, FBX, glTF, JT 10.2, OBJ
– Import 2D: Catia V5 R28 (V5-6R2018), Catia V6 R2017x, Creo 4.0 / ProE, NX12, SolidEdge ST10, Solidworks 2018
– New and updated functions:
– Import dialog (quick settings)
– Structure tree: Remove empty nodes
– Neutral axis calculation with tesselated data
– Real-time wall thickness measurement
– Drill hole recognition
– Technical documentation:
BOM table: interactive BOM ID generation
BOM table: automatic ID generation
Ballooning: arrangement as line, rectangle, circle
Ballooning: automatic re-arrangement during rotation
Options for shapes and lines for balloons
Replace existing SMG files by 3DVS counterparts, limited to supported objects & properties
– Selection of all instances of a geometry
– Filtering option: include / exclude unvisible objects
– Rotation mode “Turntable”
– 2D text search enhanced
-Transformation: Align move circle center to circle center
– Export PNG with transparent background
– PDF template: configurable date
– New options for license borrowing
– Performance optimization:
Tremendous increase in rendering speed of ultra large assemblies
Calculation of Level of Detail (LoD)
Ability to remove normals (space-saving)
Optimization of instancing