The Chameleon haptic 3D design package from A1 Technologies is consistently undergoing a program of continuous development. Following on from the 2nd release of Cloud9 from Anarkik3D in June of last year, the latest version of the virtual touch 3D modeling system software — Version 2.1 — has just been released. Cloud9 Version 2.1 has new features and is now available without a time limit on the license.
The improvements that have been made to Cloud9 include:
- Sub-mesh function that increases the number of triangles in an object’s mesh for better resolution (all triangles or selected areas)
- Reduce mesh function to decrease the number of triangles in an object’s mesh (all triangles or just selected areas)
- Ability to slice an object/objects with a slice plane
- Ability to create video clips and the individual frames
- Boolean improvement
- Still with a well-designed and non-complex interface.
In addition, previously reported bugs and crashes have been fixed, making this new version much more stable with quicker operations made possible with shortcut keys. Version 2.1 of Cloud9 also supports OBJ file format (with texture mapping import capability). Version 2.1 is globally available from A1 Technologies bundled with the essential Falcon haptic device and branded as Chameleon.