StudioGPU is redefining productivity for 3D users working in broadcast, cinema, and design with the announcement of StudioGPU MachStudio™ Pro 2 real-time non-linear 3D workflow and rendering software. Operating as an open hub for advanced 3D workflow, MachStudio Pro 2 offers 3D designers advanced features such as native integration with Pixar RenderMan®; the ability to create and use MetaSL®-based custom procedural shaders, and render out with mental ray®. Additional new features include a solid DirectX® 11 foundation for improved GPU acceleration, tessellation and multi-threading, FBX-out capabilities, improved support for Python programming customization, and more.MachStudio Pro software streamlines the production workflow at many of the most notable production studios in the world, including Weta Workshop, Zoic Studios, and The Third Floor. A virtual real-time studio environment, MachStudio Pro allows designers, engineers, directors, and technical directors (TDs) to work with 3D lighting, camera views, and multi-point perspectives in an interactive non-linear fashion to produce real-time high-fidelity views as they will appear in the final rendered format. MachStudio Pro 2 software continues to revolutionize 3D production environments with new features that include:
– Pixar RenderMan Integration: Provides the flexibility to switch between or combine fast high-fidelity MachStudio Pro GPU-based rendering and industry-standard Academy Award®-winning Pixar RenderMan CPU-based ray tracing rendering software on-the-fly to create beauty shots and/or specific render passes.
– MetaSL and mental ray Support: Allows 3D artists to quickly and easily build MetaSL-based custom procedural shaders using an intuitive mental mill® node graph user interface for rendering out to both the mental ray and MachStudio Pro renderer.
– Improved Pipeline Rendering Functionality: Offers a new Unified Pass Renderer (UPR), which breaks out all passes for the final render, and an EXR Sandwich Tool that combines all EXR files into one layered file for compositing.
– DirectX 11-Based Workflow: Offers more efficient rendering, tessellation, and multi-threading capabilities for improved performance throughout the pipeline.
– Volumetric and Screen Space Global Illumination (GI): Takes into account the bouncing of light from surfaces, allowing for more realistic renderings.
– Spot and Directional Lights: Allows for greater freedom towards achieving perfect lighting conditions.
– FBX Output: Exports models and baked textures in the FBX file format for compatibility with all leading 3D modeling and animation software programs.
– Increased Python Support: Allows for the creation of custom properties, parenting objects, and spot and directional lights.
– Workflow Improvements: Eases organization and viewing of everything in a scene, including groups, hierarchies, context menus, light sets, influencers and render pass isolation.
Award-winning MachStudio Pro supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista operating systems on most professional graphic accelerator cards.