Creaform announced the launch of VXmodel, its 3D scan data post-treatment software module. VXmodel enables users to finalize 3D scan data to use directly in any CAD or 3D printing software.
VXmodel is simple, yet powerful. It includes only the features necessary to complement CAD software. Because it is fully integrated with VXelements, Creaform’s 3D software platform, it eliminates the need for design professionals to open, learn and use third-party software for most applications. With VXmodel acting as an integrated bridge, users have all the tools they need to prepare their 3D-Scan files for CAD or 3D-print solutions in one easy-to-master, intuitive application.
Within VXelements, VXmodel offers several advantages:
- Alignment: Use VXmodel’s tool to constrain 3D scans using datums/entities so that users can start their design processes on a strong foundation.
- Geometrical Entities and Cross-sections: VXmodel’s highly flexible and user-friendly interface lets users quickly segment a mesh into all the primitive entities, cross-sections and surfaces required to complete the final CAD design.
- Mesh Improvement: VXmodel enables users to improve 3D scan meshes and make them more suitable for their CAD or 3D printing processes. A variety of sophisticated tools are available to ensure users have the perfect files before they begin their reverse engineering or 3D printing.
- Mesh Editing: VXmodel helps to modify the 3D scan mesh, making it watertight and quickly generating print-ready files.
At the same time as the VXmodel release, Creaform launched the revolutionary new HandySCAN 3D laser scanner, which has been completely re-engineered for optimum speed, accuracy and portability.
The new HandySCAN 300 and HandySCAN 700 provide great accuracy, resolution and substantially higher measurement rates – all in a truly portable device. The benefits are:
- 40% more accurate with a volumetric accuracy of 60µm/m.
- 25 times faster than former generation.
- TRUaccuracy feature ensures accurate measurements in real life operating conditions
- Unmatched Versatility: Limitless 3D scanning possibilities, regardless of the part size, complexity, material, or color.
- Quick Set-up: Get up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Automatic Mesh Output: Get ready-to-use files as soon as data acquisition is complete – and integrate within your workflow without any post-processing.
Handyscan 3D scanners can be used at all stages of product lifecycle management, including:
- Concept: Product requirements as well as concept design and prototyping
- Design: CAD designs, prototyping, and testing, simulation, and analysis
- Manufacturing: Tooling design, assembly/production, and quality control
- Servicing: Documentation, MRO, and replacement/recycling
In addition, Creaform released two new versions of the Go!SCAN 3D white-light scanner, which provide fast and reliable 3D measurements.
The Go!SCAN 50 was designed to measure the shape of medium to larger parts and offers optimal flexibility. The Go!SCAN 20 delivers maximum resolution and is dedicated for use with smaller objects with intricate details, making it the perfect companion for 3D printers. Go!SCAN 3D offers benefits of:
- High Speed: Typical objects are scanned in five minutes or less.
- Professional-Grade Measurements: The Go!SCAN 3D provides an accuracy of up to 0.1 mm (0.004 in.) and resolution of up to 0.2 mm (0.008 in.).
- Full-Color 3D Models: Users can easily and simultaneously capture of high-quality geometry and colors.
- TRUsimplicity: Extremely simple scanning process.
- Point and Shoot: No preparation or complicated setup is required. The scanner is up-and-running in less than two minutes.
Go!SCAN 3D scanners are tailored to the unique needs of:
- Product development engineers and technicians from all industries
- Engineers who use CAD and 3D printing professionals
- Museology, heritage preservation, restoration, digital archiving, 3D scanning for research, analysis and publishing, multimedia, entertainment, computer graphics and special effects.