Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR) announced a new software licensing model for its solidThinking suite of simulation-driven design software. Based off of Altair’s patented units-based licensing model popularized through Altair HyperWorks, solidThinking Units (sTUs) will share similar and distinct advantages enabling SMB customers and the design engineering community to drive product innovation with simulation. Under sTU licensing, customers will now have access to all software titles available through the solidThinking suite as well as the ability to seamlessly run these applications on-demand locally or in the cloud.
“We believe the frictionless access to our entire solidThinking suite and cloud resources through this single licensing model is a market first and compelling offering for SMB and some enterprise customers,” says James R. Scapa, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Altair. “The new licensing provides tremendous value and flexibility to organizations that are just beginning with simulation, have limited simulation resources, or require a comprehensive simulation solution that cost-effectively scales with growth.”
The Altair solidThinking suite packages a subset of software titles available through the broader Altair HyperWorks offering to rapidly explore, investigate and create structurally efficient, manufacturable product concepts and electromechanical systems. Inclusive of robust solutions for model-based development, generative design, hybrid concept modeling, multiphysics analysis, manufacturability, and photorealistic rendering, each delivers an intuitive user experience catering to the specialized needs of designers, design engineers, and manufacturing professionals with little or no experience with simulation.
Business advantages under the new sTUs licensing model include:
• Packaged for Broad Coverage, Priced for Value: Packaged as a comprehensive subset of applications available through the broader Altair HyperWorks suite, sTUs are less expensive than HWU’s and priced right for SMB customers.
• Access to entire solidThinking suite: Previously licensed as individual products, under the new sTU licensing, customers will be able to access to the entire solidThinking software suite. For example, customers with a single seat of Altair Inspire™ will now have access to nine (9) different software applications currently available through solidThinking.
• On-demand flexibility to run on the desktop or in the cloud: sTU licensing will soon provide the unique flexibility to run enabled solidThinking software applications locally or in the cloud from anywhere, at any time. This model lowers the barrier of entry for organizations with limited IT and compute resources to ramp up simulation-driven design capabilities. For those with a higher simulation maturity-level, the new licensing allows organizations to easily and cost-effectively scale resources to meet increased simulation demand.
The upgrade to sTU licensing has been designed to be straightforward and is available to all solidThinking customers by contacting their appropriate channel representative:
• solidThinking Lease Customers: seamless, no-cost upgrade to sTU licensing enables immediate access to all software titles in the solidThinking suite as well as the ability to run enabled applications in the cloud.
• solidThinking Paid-up Maintenance Customers: all legacy paid-up licenses will be converted to sTU licensing with all the benefits for the same cost currently paid for annual maintenance.
• solidThinking Paid-up Customers Out-of-Maintenance: regional incentive offers to upgrade to sTU licensing are available for a short time through the end of the year.