Alibre announced Alibre Design Personal Edition (PE). The product is a low-cost, easy-to-use 3D design tool that inspires people to become entrepreneurs and set-up their own businesses by creating gadgets, products, and inventions in their homes and garages. Alibre Design PE will be demoed for the first time at the Maker Faire, the world’s largest conglomeration of do-it-yourself (DIY) exhibits with an expected draw of nearly 90,000 people, held May 22-23, 2010 in the San Mateo County Event Center, San Mateo, CA.
Alibre Design PE delivers the entrepreneur and hobbyist an industrial-strength, parametric solid modeling system with integrated 3D solid modeling, part and assembly design, associative 2D drafting, and STL export all at a hobby-friendly price. Design it, document it, change it around, perfect it, and then make it. The software also includes a set of built-in and online tutorials and downloadable video training.
Easy-to-use and priced at $99, Alibre Design PE brings 3D solid design modeling to everyone, from inventors, DIYers, 3D design newcomers, and design enthusiasts.
Alibre Design PE offers:
- 3D design and visualization: creates editable 3D models including parts and assemblies.
- Automatic 2D drawings: Creates 2D drawings from the 3D model and automatically updates them when the model changes.
- Complete set of parametric 3D modeling tools: extrude, revolve, loft, sweep, shell, patterns, and arrays.
- Assemble 3D parts into constrained assemblies to test fit, clearance, and motion.
- Assign materials to 3D parts and calculate weight, center of gravity, and other mass properties.
- Import and export DWG / DXF drawings.
- Output STL for CNC or rapid prototyping machines, such as the MakerBot.
- Faster project completion time.
- Easy, streamlined user interface.
- Integrated and online tutorials.
- Large selection of online video training.